The fast track to success.
Whether you are looking to grow or start a business, climb the corporate ladder, increase your salary, change your career path, maintain your current position or just get qualified – the AIB MBA, while you work, will get you there sooner.
MBA is the world’s most popular postgraduate degree, with around 200,000 MBA graduates produced in the USA, and almost 30,000 Australians* studying for an MBA each year. MBA degrees provide students with knowledge of how people and processes operate within organisations and the wider environment affecting those organisations.
As the world moves toward a more corporate and service-oriented economy, earning an MBA has become an effective way of not only ensuring your employment, but also your success and marketability in an everevolving job market.
5 Reasons to Choose AIB's MBA
- FULLY ACCREDITED AND GLOBALLY RECOGNISEDAIB’s MBA is globally recognised and accredited by TEQSA within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). This accreditation ensures that our qualifications are of an equivalent required standard to similar qualifications issued by other Australian higher education institutions, such as universities and colleges.
- FOCUSED ON CAREER BENEFITSIn a world that can change dramatically in the space of a few years, AIB’s delivery model provides students with an ‘edge’. Completing one subject at a time and integrating your study into your workplace will allow you to gain an immediate return on investment (ROI). For many of our students, this means achieving that promotion or setting up their own business sooner than they thought possible.
- A GLOBAL EDUCATION NETWORKAIB students join a global alumni network from over 90 countries with access to outstanding academic and student support through every step of their journey.
- BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR EMPLOYERAIB directs and supports students to apply their learnings to their workplace, helping them to consolidate and reinforce their skills and provide immediate benefit to themselves and their employer from the time they start studying.
- AN AFFORDABLE INVESTMENTAIB’s qualifications are among the most affordable in the markets AIB operates in. The qualifications are also designed to be completed while you work, providing students with the opportunity to continue to earn an income and progress their careers while they study.
One Subject at a Time
Focus with flexibility.
The AIB MBA allows students to undertake one subject at a time, whilst working full-time. This approach is superior to the semestral or trimestral approach adopted by most traditional MBA providers as it allows working adults to balance personal and professional commitments, while focusing on just one subject at a time.
Course Structure and Subjects
Get qualified before you graduate.
The MBA is divided into three equal stages being the Graduate Certificate stage, the Graduate Diploma stage and the MBA stage. Each stage consists of four subjects. Most students take 18-24 months to complete the MBA, however, it can be done in as little as 12 months in intensive mode or as long as three years with breaks.
The start of your MBA will lay the foundation of your knowledge. You will begin with seven (7) core subjects that cover the key areas of business, namely: Leadership, Marketing Management, Strategic Human Resource Management, Corporate Governance, Operations Management, Financial Management and Strategic Management. You will then undertake four (4) highly relevant pre-set elective or specialisation subjects and a Final Project that requires you to utilise the knowledge and skills you have acquired through your studies and apply them to your workplace-based problem within your focus area.
Prior to joining the course, you will need to decide whether you would like to undertake the generic MBA or specialise in Entrepreneurial Management, Finance, Human Resource Management and Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
Business isn’t just theory. Neither are our assessments.
The MBA assessments will help you address real work issues as you face them. Subjects are generally assessed through a combination of written assignments and open-book exams but may also include elements of forum participation, quizzes, group work and/or an oral presentation as appropriate. These require the application of theory to real situations that you have encountered in a workplace. In addition, a Final Project allows you to focus on a problem you have always wanted to address at work – so you and your business gain an immediate return on investment.
With you every step of the way.
We know that adding study into your already busy schedule can seem daunting. As a AIB MBA student, you will be provided with academic, administrative, and student services second to none. Whether you are looking for some help with writing your first assignment, nervous about your exam, or just want some general study advice, our academic and student support team will be with you every step of the way.
Upon enrolment, you’ll gain access to our learning portal containing learning materials and documents you’ll need throughout your studies. The learning portal is also where you’ll find an online library to assist with your research.
No degree? No problem.
We understand that not everyone has taken the traditional route to get to where they are. Many of our students have not completed a first degree but may have years of management or business experience.
Others have formal qualifications but not much work experience.
The AIB MBA will take you where you want to go, regardless of where you have been.
The AIB MBA is an affordable investment that you, your family and business will benefit from for years to come. We offer instalment payment options, so that your MBA remains an investment, not a liability.
*US Department of Education statistics 2014; Australian Financial Review 2015
For more information, please visit the Information for Students page.