Applicants who wish to undertake the AIB MBA must meet the minimum criteria for the first stage of the MBA, namely the Graduate Certificate in Management.
The applicant must have ONE of the following:
- A bachelor’s Degree (AQF Level 7) and at least two years relevant work experience.
- An Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (AQF Level 6) or learning equivalent to an AQF Level 6 qualification and at least three years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience, which includes at least three years of middle management to senior management experience, or significant technical experience.
Alternatively, applicants may receive direct entry into the MBA, if they have ONE of the following:
- A bachelor honours degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma (AQF Level 8) or equivalent in any discipline and at least three years relevant work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree (AQF Level 7) or equivalent in business/commerce or related discipline and at least three years relevant work experience.
Applicants who have not completed tertiary study in English and it is not their first language are required to provide evidence of ONE of the following:
- a score of 6.5 or better on the Academic IELTS (with no individual band lower than 6.0)
- a score of 575 or better on the TOEFL
- a score of 91 or better on the TOEFL IBT (International Benchmark Test)
- a score of 234 or better on the TOEFL CBT (Computer Based Test)
- a score of 58 or better on the Academic PTE (Pearson Test of English)
- a score of 176 or better on the Cambridge English scale, CAE and CPE (from 2015)
- an A Level qualification with a C grade or better in English in the CTC General Certificate of Education (GCE).
The Programme Exemptions document lists all qualifications for which AIB has a standing articulation agreement with another institution or which we have pre assessed for our precedents another institution’s qualifications. The maximum amount of Credit which can be granted for these qualifications against AIB courses (both BBA and MBA) is shown in the table. The table is by no means exhaustive, as AIB can also assess qualifications from institutions which are not represented here via our standard exemption application process.