Online Facilitators (Contractors) Academic
We are looking for a number of Online Facilitators across Australia with a PhD or an MBA in a business related discipline to apply. In the absence of a PhD qualification, we will consider applicants with an MBA if combined with very strong industry experience.
The Online Facilitator will be contracted to deliver subject via online classes using AIB content and assessment.
The role of the Online Facilitators is to provide assistance and support to students in academic matters relating to the subject, participate in webinars, mark assessments and provide feedback to students about results and assessment items.
You will play a key role in providing a best class experience for AIB students.
- Participate in webinars, forum discussions and mark assessments
- Prepare for subject delivery and remain up-to-date with subject content/assessment
- Collaborate with Subject Coordinator about all aspects of subject delivery
- Pro-actively interact with students through webinars and LMS
- Provide academic support to students
- Responsible for the student experience in the online class
- Mark student assessment items and provide assessment feedback
- Must have the right to work in Australia.
- Demonstrated high standard of verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service Focus and strong people skills
- Ability to commit to flexible work hours
- Experience in teaching subjects in one or more major business disciplines
- Experience in teaching adult learners and post-graduate students
- Experience of teaching in Australian higher education
- Experience in supporting students with small research projects
- Up-to-date discipline knowledge in one or more major business discipline areas (particularly Marketing, HRM, Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Logistics, Tourism)
- Knowledge of Australian Higher Education pedagogical principles (including relating to online learning and adult learning)
Australian Institute of Business (AIB) is a higher education provider which provides accredited undergraduate, postgraduate and research qualifications in Business. Based in South Australia, AIB offers qualifications through an Online Learning model and its network of international teaching centres.
We are evolving to stay at the leading edge of Higher Education through online learning.
With 30 years of history, we are one of the most established private education institutions in Australia. We were the first, and are still one of few private providers who can confer the full suite of business degrees, including the research degrees Master of Management, Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
We aspire to deliver the best for our people and our students. It is at the core of everything we do.
We do what we do with integrity, care and we do it well! We care about the little things and we integrate fun in your experience.
Provide a separate cover letter addressing the selection criteria and provide a current Resume.
Applicants must have (or willing to obtain) an ABN and operate as a sole trader or Pty Ltd company.
Previous applicants need not re-apply. We are continuing to process former applications. This advert is to attract new applicants as we expect a large number of Facilitator roles to open up.