The Master of Management (Research) ((MMgt (Research)) offers working managers an ideal opportunity to advance their knowledge in a key area of management as well as acquire specialist research skills by planning and executing a substantial piece of research in the management field. The research undertaken is invariably designed to be useful to the candidate’s organisation.
For the practicing manager, the MMgt (Research) offers a number of advantages:
- there is provision for suitable candidates to transfer to the Doctor of Business Administration programme after 18 months;
- such candidates will be required to extend their research and write a longer thesis; this will normally take another 18 months. In other words, through the MMgt (Research) route it is still possible to obtain a DBA within 3 years.
You will be accompanied and supported on your research journey by a panel of 2 to 3 supervisors including an expert Principal Supervisor who has the primary responsibility for managing the supervision process as well as a Co-supervisor/Associate supervisor. Regular interaction and communication with the supervisors occurs during the research journey to provide appropriate academic support, monitor progress and performance, and ensure appropriate outcomes. Where it is not feasible to have regular face-to-face interaction, other means of communication through video conferencing will be facilitated. Contact will also be encouraged with other research degree candidates through online discussion forums, workshops and interactive webinars among others.
As with all AIB programmes, the Mmgt (Research) is accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). It is an AQF level 9 qualification. The Master of Management (Research) Course Structure will give you more information about this program.
Please click here for more about AIB Research Degrees.
When can I join?
The critical dates for Research degrees are as follows:
- Applications open date: 1 February 2017
- Applications close date: 1 May 2017
- Administrative Date of first subject: 9 June 2017
- First subject start date: 7 July 2017
After enrolment, you will receive a reading pack and you will be advised of the dates of arrangements for the next Research Methods Seminar.
How long will it take to complete?
The course will normally be completed in 18 months to 3 years. The Research and Higher Degrees Committee will consider whether there is a case for extensions of time beyond 4 years.
What qualifications do I need to be accepted?
Applicants should normally meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Bachelor Degree (AQF Level 7) or equivalent in business and commerce or related discipline area OR an AQF Level 8 qualification (or equivalent) in any discipline; and
- Management or professional experience of 3-5 years;
How much will it cost?
Please note, FEE-HELP is offered to Eligible Australian Candidates.
For current course fees for the MMgt (Research), please click here.
AIB is a member of a Tuition Assurance Scheme for the protection of student fees.
Student Visa Holders
Please note, AIB is not currently accepting applications for study with an on campus component from anyone holding a Student Visa. We encourage you to check our website for future updates.
For more information, please visit the Information for Research Candidates page.