The Master of Management (MMgt) offers working managers an ideal opportunity to combine an element of coursework at Master’s level with an in-depth research project. The research undertaken is invariably designed to be useful to the candidate’s organisation.
About the Programme
For the practicing manager, the Master of Management offers a number of advantages:
- there is a choice of a 40 credit points of coursework subjects and 80 credit points of research subjects or 60 credit points of coursework subjects and 60 credit points of research subjects;
- there is provision for suitable candidates to transfer to the Doctor of Business Administration programme after 18 months; Such candidates will be required to extend their research and write a longer thesis.
For the research component of your studies, you will be accompanied and supported on your research journey by a panel of 2 to 3 supervisors including an expert Principal Supervisor who has the primary responsibility for managing the supervision process as well as a Cosupervisor/Associate supervisor. Regular interaction and communication with the supervisors occurs during the research journey to provide appropriate academic support, monitor progress and performance, and ensure appropriate outcomes. Where it is not feasible to have regular facetoface interaction, other means of communication through video conferencing will be facilitated. Contact will also be encouraged with other research degree candidates through online discussion forums, workshops and interactive webinars among others.
As with all AIB programmes, the Master of Management is accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). It is an AQF level 9 qualification. The Master of Management Course Details will give you more information about this program.
Please click here for more on AIB Research Degrees.
When can I join?
The critical dates for Research degrees are as follows:
- Applications open date: 1 February 2017
- Applications close date: 1 May 2017
- Administrative Date of first subject: 9 June 2017
- First subject start date: 7 July 2017
- Start date (PhD and MMgt Research): TBA
After enrolment, you will receive a reading pack and you will be advised of the dates of arrangements for the next Research Design and Methods Workshop.
How long will it take to complete?
The course will normally be completed in 18 months to 3 years. The Teaching and Learning Committee will consider whether there is a case for extensions of time beyond 4 years.
What qualifications do I need to be accepted?
Applicants should normally meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Bachelor Degree (AQF Level 7) or equivalent in business and commerce or related discipline area OR an AQF Level 8 qualification (or equivalent) in any discipline; and
- At least three years relevant work experience
All applicants must have access to a workplace for their research.
For all admission requirements, please see Course Details.
How much will it cost?
Please note, AIB is an approved FEE-HELP provider. Please see the Study Assist website to check eligibility for Commonwealth Fee-HELP Assistance.
For current course fees for the MMgt, please click here.
AIB is a member of a Tuition Assurance Scheme for the protection of student fees.
Student Visa Holders
Please note, AIB is not currently accepting applications for study with an on campus component from anyone holding a Student Visa. We encourage you to check our website for future updates.
For more information, please visit the Information for Research Candidates page.