Dr. Mahan Poorhosseinzadeh
PhD (Griffith Business School, Department of Employment Relations and Human Resources), MBA, BA.
Research and teaching specialtiesWomen in Leadership, Gender Equity, Equal Opportunity at Work, Career and Organisation, Managing Diversity, Gender and Work, Strategic Human Resource Management, Employment Relations, Cross-cultural Management, Interpretive Research Methods, Talent Management.
Mahan is a Gender and Social Inclusion specialist who has undertaken related projects in a global context. Her research interests include the application of Human Resources Management theories to the business world. Mahan’s PhD, ‘Women in Senior Management Positions in Australia and the Concept of the ‘Ideal Manager’‘, focuses on the underrepresentation of women in senior positions. Mahan’s research result has been presented at several international conferences and has been published in prestigious academic journals and books. Mahan also holds an MBA (coursework and research) with a specialisation in Human Resource Management, and a thesis exploring “Determinants of Successful Talent Management in MNCs in Malaysia”.
Mahan has academic experience at Griffith Business School’s Department of Employment Relations and Human Resources. She has also been a research fellow at Griffith University’s Centre for Work, Organisation and Wellbeing. Her professional memberships include:
- The Association of Industrial Relations Academics of Australia and New Zealand (AIRAANZ)- Committee member
- Australian Human Resource Institute (AHRI) professional member (MAHRI) member
- European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS)
- Australian & New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM)
- Small Enterprise Association of Australia and New Zealand (SEAANZ)