12 Graduates of the AIB MBA Share Their Views
Have you ever wondered what graduates of the 12 Month MBA actually have to say about the programme? If you had the opportunity to speak to one of them, what would they tell you about their experience? In this article, I delve into the testimonials of past MBA students, and present 12 quotes which stood out to me about their experience. If any graduates of the 12 Month MBA are reading and are not featured in this list, feel free to comment as lucky number 13.
1. “I gained a lot of confidence and knowledge through doing the MBA and this has been important for my success. I don’t think I had the same kind of confidence in expressing my opinions that I do now.”
– Paolo Trevisan | Management Accountant | Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority.
2. “I’m looking forward to being able to broaden my role and move in new directions. I’m excited about applying the skills and experience I’ve gained throughout the MBA at work”.
– Jodi Howie | Strategic Project Manager | Moneywise Global (Flight Centre)
3. “I’ve applied a lot of the knowledge that I learnt during my MBA. In particular, I can now communicate more effectively with senior managers up the line. The MBA has certainly helped me progress and build my knowledge”.
– Ezio Forcella | National Manager | John Sample Automotive
4. “Although the course took up more time than I originally thought it would, it was flexible and I found focusing on one subject per month an effective way to learn.”
– Kaye King | Director Interpretive Assistance | Australian Taxation Office
5. “I had previously gone through the Advanced Management Programme at Harvard Business School and I was pleasantly surprised by the high standard offered by AIB.”
– Milton Burrell | CEO | Good Price Pharmacy Warehouse
6. “The MBA has given me a more holistic overview of things like human resources and finance, outside of the scope of what I knew.”
– Andrew Werner | ARFF Training Delivery Manager | Airservices Australia
7. “Through the MBA I gained a better grounding for my role. Before, I felt that my level of business acumen was at an intermediate level. However, I now feel that my level of business acumen is advanced.”
– Janine Copelin | Head of RSS Distribution Risk & Control | Commonwealth Bank
8. “The course was definitely manageable. I liked the format and I always knew what to expect, which made it much easier to plan and balance study, work and life”
– David Rowe | MES Business Development Manager | Siemens Healthcare
9. “Irrespective of what you want to do with your own career, it is a great opportunity to extend yourself and broaden our knowledge base”.
– Jennifer Hellyer | Owner and Director | Jennifer Hellyar Pty Ltd
10. “I chose the 12 Month MBA because I liked that you could see the finish line clearly. This is useful when you’re busy and working full-time”.
– Bradley Hughes | Franchisee | Harvey Norman
11. “The AIB MBA is a great asset to have professionally; it adds weight to your rsum, makes you more marketable and changes your approach to towards work.”
– Shereena Khan | State Distribution Manager WA | Valspar
12. “I have genuinely been able to apply the degree. A lot of assignment tasks saw me designing components for performance management and we are now incorporating them as benchmarks within our organisation”.
– Kent Peters | Bursar/Chief Financial Officer | Guildford Grammar School
So there you have it – 12 quotes from graduates of the 12 Month MBA https://ww2.aib.edu.au/study-via-distance-learning/12-month-mba-dl.html. If you would like to share your experiences, or ask any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
This article was written by Laura Hutton on behalf of the Australian Institute of Business. All opinions are that of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of AIB.