Applicants who wish to undertake the AIB MBA must meet the minimum criteria for the first stage of the MBA, namely the Graduate Certificate in Management.
The applicant must have ONE of the following:
- A bachelor’s Degree (AQF Level 7) and at least two years relevant work experience.
- An Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (AQF Level 6) or learning equivalent to an AQF Level 6 qualification and at least three years relevant work experience.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 550 and at least three years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience, which includes at least three years of management experience, or significant technical experience.
Alternatively, applicants may receive direct entry into the MBA, if they have ONE of the following:
- A bachelor honours degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma (AQF Level 8) or equivalent in any discipline and at least three years relevant work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree (AQF Level 7) or equivalent in business/commerce or related discipline and at least three years relevant work experience.
Applicants must meet the English language requirements in one of the following categories:
Applicants whose first language is not English need to demonstrate proficiency in English with a score* of:
- 6.5 or better on the Academic IELTS (with no individual band lower than 6.0), or
- 575 or better on the TOEFL, or
- 91 or better on the TOEFL IBT (International Benchmark Test), or
- 234 or better TOEFL CBT (Computer Based Test), or
- 58 or better Academic PTE (Pearson Test of English), or
- 176 or better Cambridge English scale, CAE and CPE (from 2015), or
- A Levels with a C or better in English in the CTC General Certificate of Education (GCE).
English Language Test results are valid for two years up to the date of commencement at AIB.
Evidence of successful completion of secondary education in English
Applicants who have successfully completed secondary education (equivalent to Australian Senior Certificate of Education) that was taught and assessed in English in one of the countries listed below where English is the first language:
Canada (except Quebec)
Republic of Ireland
United States of America
Evidence of successful completion of tertiary education in English
Applicants who have successfully completed tertiary education (equivalent to AQF Level 5 or above) that was taught and assessed in English in one of the countries listed below where the medium of instruction was in English*:
Antigua and Barbuda
United States of America
Republic of Ireland
Papua New Guinea
St Kitts and Nevis
Trinidad & Tobago
*Medium of Instruction in English is assessed against the Country Education Profiles on Australian Education International (AEI) or the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC UK). English Instruction will only be accepted if AEI or NARIC UK states that English is the language of instruction relevant to the country, education level or Institution.
Documentary evidence of at least 2 years full-time-work experience in an English-speaking professional work environment in Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA, Republic of Ireland, South Africa or Canada OR at least 2 years full time professional employment in an English speaking multi-national company, within 2 years of admission into the AIB program**
Residency in an English-speaking country for at least 5 years. The applicant must be able to provide evidence they have lived in Australia, or other predominantly English-speaking country for a period of 5 years or more, immediately prior to the commencement of studies at AIB. During residency, the applicant should have been involved in activities that exercise English language skills and be able to provide references showing how the skills were developed. Copies of passports and/or visas and/or citizenship papers to provide duration of residency may also be required. Letters from employers may also be used to support this**
Completion of Tracktest Online English Proficiency assessment, with a required result of C1 or above.
**Applicants will be required to provide passport and residency/citizenship documents AND letter from employer stating their position title, duties undertaken, employment duration, level of spoken and written English. Relevant supporting documents from employers may also be requested by AIB. Additionally, applicants will be required to undergo English language proficiency assessment by AIB.
***Designated English-speaking countries?: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Canada (except for Quebec), Fiji, Gibraltar, Ghana, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, The Gambia, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland), United States of America, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
?English is assessed against the Country Education Profiles on Australian Education International (AEI) or the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC UK). English Instruction will only be accepted if AEI or NARIC UK states that English is the official or primary language relevant to the country.
Online Readiness Test:
Online applicants are required to undertake and successfully complete an online readiness test to assess generic competencies and technical skills necessary to succeed in an online learning environment.
Online applicants are required to successfully complete the final quiz in the Orientation module prior to commencing the first subject.
The Programme Exemptions document lists all qualifications for which AIB has a standing articulation agreement with another institution or which we have pre assessed for our precedents another institution’s qualifications. The maximum amount of Credit which can be granted for these qualifications against AIB courses (both BBA and MBA) is shown in the table. The table is by no means exhaustive, as AIB can also assess qualifications from institutions which are not represented here via our standard exemption application process.