Why study with AIB?
Time and time again, the power of quality education transforms the lives of our students, their families and their communities. That’s why this, and the appreciation of everything else that is going on in our students lives, is at the heart of everything we do. Our subjects are industry-focused and provide practical learning that you can immediately apply to your workplace.
Study anywhere, anytime – 100% online
No matter where life takes you, we are 100% online, so you’ll be able to study from anywhere in the world. Our interactive and innovative Student Learning Portal is your “go-to” online resource for everything you’ll need to successfully complete your studies. From bite-sized learning materials, journal articles, videos and quizzes to our extensive online library, student support and a one stop repository for all your documents and forms.
Need more reasons to choose AIB?
- Industry- focused, practical learning
- Proven to deliver real career outcomes
- Fully flexible, 100% online – study anytime, anywhere.
- Accelerated study options – complete your MBA in as little as 18 months*
- 6 start dates per year
- Achievable with personalised support
- Accredited in Australia and internationally recognised
At AIB, we’re proud to put our students first. So rather than expect you to fit around us, we’ve found innovative ways to make our subjects fit around you and your needs as a working adult. From bite-sized learning materials, journal articles, videos and quizzes to our extensive online library, student support and a one stop repository for all your documents and forms.
The AIB MBA is made up of 12 subjects and consists of: Graduate Certificate in Management (CGM), Graduate Diploma in Management (GDM)* and Master of Business Administration (MBA). With AIB you have the flexibility to study just a GCM or to go the whole hog and study the MBA – the choice is yours!
*Offered as an exit point only.
With 6 start dates per year, you can study at your own pace and take a break whenever you need. You also have the flexibility to choose the order of your subjects and through our fast-tracked option, you can complete your AIB MBA in as little as 18 months.
8-week study periods
You’ll complete each subject over eight weeks, which contains a mix of interactive assessments including assignments, quizzes, evaluated forum participation and exams along the way and one week to reflect and recharge.
You will also benefit from knowing due dates two weeks before commencing each subject, so you can pre-plan your studies around your family life and work commitments.
*The above timeline is an example only – assessment mix may change from subject to subject.
Accelerate your studies
You can choose to accelerate your career by studying up to two subjects at once (concurrent study), when life allows. Check out the technical bits below to see if you’re eligible.
The technical bits
To ensure you have the best chance of success in fast-tracking your MBA, the eligibility criteria depends on your academic progress:
- To study concurrently, you will need to meet the following criteria (effective Term 6, 2020):
- MBA direct entry students must have successfully passed at least their first AIB subject prior to undertaking concurrent study.
- GCM entry students must have successfully passed at least their first two AIB subjects prior to undertaking concurrent study.
- To remain eligible, you must successfully maintain academic progress.
- The maximum number of concurrent subjects you can study in any one term is two.
- AIB reserves the right to revoke concurrent study requests and select the subject for de-enrolment if you no longer meet the eligibility criteria.
- You may withdraw from a concurrent subject at any time before census date, without incurring a fee for that subject. Standard withdrawal rules apply as per Withdrawal and Deferral Policy and Procedure.
- As the final project is your opportunity to show off all you’ve learnt in the MBA, you will not be able to undertake the final Project concurrently.
- The option to study concurrent subjects will not be available if you are formally ‘at risk’, as per the AIB Academic Progress Policy and Procedure.
- Additional enrolment rules may apply.
If you feel you meet the criteria above and would like to find out more about studying concurrently, please contact your Enrolment Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling to 1300 971 427.
You don’t need a degree to do an MBA – your experience counts!
Applicants must have ONE of the following:
Minimum 5 years experience
A minimum of five years relevant work experience, which includes at least three years management experience, or significant technical experience.
An Advanced Diploma
An Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (AQF Level 6) or learning equivalent to an AQF Level 6 qualification and at least three years relevant work experience.
A Bachelor’s Degree
A Bachelor’s degree (AQF Level 7) and at least two years relevant work experience.
If you have previous qualifications, you may be able to apply for exemptions from specific subjects.
The programme exemptions document lists all qualifications for which AIB has a standing articulation agreement with another institution or which we have pre-assessed for our precedents another institution’s qualifications. The maximum amount of credit which can be granted for these qualifications against AIB courses (MBA) is shown in the table. The table is by no means exhaustive, as AIB can also assess qualifications from institutions which are not represented here via our standard exemption application process. Please click here to view the Programme Exemptions document.
Head over to the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy and the Credit Transfer Policy on the AIB Policies webpage for more details of AIB’s policies for recognition of prior learning and credit transfer.