The fast track to success.
Whether you are looking to grow or start a business, climb the corporate ladder, increase your salary, change your career path, maintain your current position or just get qualified – the AIB Online MBA, while you work will get you there sooner.
The AIB Online MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree is internationally recognised and is seen as a passport to a successful management career.
It is the world’s most popular postgraduate degree, with around 200,000 MBA graduates produced in the USA, and almost 30,000 Australians* studying for an MBA each year. MBA degrees provide students with knowledge of how people and processes operate within organisations and the wider environment affecting those organisations.
As the world moves toward a more corporate and service-oriented economy, earning an MBA has become an effective way of not only ensuring your employment, but also ensuring your success and marketability in an everevolving job market.
5 Reasons to Choose Australia’s Most Popular MBA
- FULLY ACCREDITED AND INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED AIB’s qualifications are internationally recognised and accredited by TEQSA within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). This accreditation assists in ensuring that our qualifications are of an equivalent required standard to the same qualifications issued by other Australian higher education institutions, such as universities and colleges.
- FOCUSED ON CAREER BENEFITS In a world that can change dramatically in the space of a few years, AIB’s delivery model provide students with an ‘edge’. Completing one subject at a time and integrating your study into your workplace will allow you to gain an immediate return on investment (ROI). For many of our students, this means achieving that promotion or setting up their own business sooner than they thought possible.
- A GLOBAL EDUCATION NETWORK AIB’s courses are delivered via online learning, which means students can study from anywhere in the world. AIB students join a global alumni network from over 90 countries with access to renowned business speakers and outstanding academic and student support through every step of their journey.
- BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR EMPLOYER AIB directs and supports students to apply their learnings to their workplace, helping them to consolidate and reinforce their skills and provide immediate benefit to themselves and their employer from the time they start studying.
- AN AFFORDABLE INVESTMENT AIB’s qualifications are among the most affordable in the market due to its scalable, online delivery mode and business specialisation. The qualifications are also designed to be completed while you work, providing students with the opportunity to continue to earn an income and progress their careers while they study. A survey of AIB’s 2015-16 graduates suggests students increased their salaries by an average of 30%.
One Subject at a Time
Focus with Flexibility.
The AIB Online MBA allows students to undertake one subject at a time over four to eight weeks, whilst working full-time. This approach is superior to the semestral or trimestral approach adopted by most traditional MBA programmes as it provides working adults with the capability to balance personal and professional commitments, while focusing on just one subject at a time.
Course Structure and Subjects
Get qualified before you graduate.
The course is divided into three equal stages being the Graduate Certificate stage, the Graduate Diploma stage and the MBA stage. Each stage consists of four subjects. You can move between accelerated and more standard study modes as you choose. Most students take 18-24 months to complete the MBA, however it can be done in as little as 12 months if you study intensively for the duration, or take as long as three years with breaks.
The start of your MBA will lay the foundation of your knowledge. You will begin with seven (7) core subjects that cover the key areas of business before take control and selecting four (4) elective subjects that align with your preferred area of focus. There are a number of innovative subject areas that you might like to consider, including Entrepreneurial Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Finance, Marketing Management and Human Resource Management. Your final subject is a research project that requires you to utilise the knowledge and skills you have acquired through your studies and apply them to a workplace based problem within your focus area.
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Corporate Governance
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Strategic Management
MARKETING MANAGEMENT (Elective Subjects)
- International Business
- Business to Business Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- New Product Management
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (Elective Subjects)
- Strategic Human Resource Development
- Performance and Compensation Management
- Managing Change
- Managing People in a Global Context
LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT (Elective Subjects)
- Integrated Logistics Management
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- International Business
- Project Management
FINANCE (Elective Subjects)
- International Business Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Investment Analysis
ENTREPRENEURIAL MANAGEMENT (Elective Subjects)
- New Venture Creation
- International Business
Business isn’t just theory. Neither are our assessments.
The MBA assessments will help you address real work issues as you face them.
Subjects are generally assessed through a combination of written assignments and open-book exams but may also include elements of forum participation, quizzes, group work and/or an oral presentation as appropriate. These require the application of theory to real situations that you have encountered in a workplace. In addition, a final project allows you to focus on a problem you have always wanted to address at work– so you and your business gain an immediate return on investment.
With you every step of the way.
You will be supported in starting your studies with our Orientation module, which will guide you through all the elements you need in order to study successfully. The Orientation module includes support for finding your way around the learning portal, practical hints, tips and activities to help you with completing your assignments and exams, as well as techniques to help you to study effectively. Throughout the module you’ll connect with your fellow students and be introduced to various academic protocols so that you are well prepared for the start of your first subject.
Upon enrolment, you’ll gain access to our learning portal, which provides easy access to all the learning material and documents you’ll need throughout your studies. The learning portal is also where you’ll find an online library to assist with your research, help and support from the student community and our team of Academics and support staff.
We understand that not everyone has taken the traditional route to get to where they are. Many of our students have not completed a first degree but may have years of management or business experience.
Others have formal qualifications but not much work experience.Applicants who wish to undertake the MBA course must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria for the first stage of the course, namely the Graduate Certificate in Management.
The applicant must have ONE of the following:
- A BACHELOR’S DEGREE
A qualification deemed equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree, preferably with some professional practice.
- AN ADVANCED DIPLOMA
A qualification deemed equivalent to an Australian Advanced Diploma with at least three years relevant work experience.
- MINIMUM 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE
A minimum of three years managerial experience deemed acceptable by AIB.
If you have begun an MBA (or Graduate Certificate in Management or Graduate Diploma in Management) at another institution/university and would like to transfer to the AIB Online MBA, you may be able to apply for exemptions and a course fee reduction on a subject-for-subject basis. Simply contact your Course Advisor, who will take you through the exemption and application process.
Where the applicant’s medium of instruction (at a tertiary level) was not English, the applicant must have obtained: (i) a score of 575 or better on the TOEFL; or (ii) a score of 6.5 or better on the IELTS; or (iii) a credit or better in English in the GCE “O” or “A” levels or equivalent; or (iv) any other evidence of English proficiency acceptable to AIB.
Affordable and an investment in your personal and professional career.
AIB’s MBA programme is amongst the most affordable in Australia. Your specific course fees will depend on a number of factors including: your location, whether you are undertaking the course in stages, whether you are entitled to exemptions, and when you are planning on commencing studies. Your Course Advisor will be able to provide you with the current fee schedule and determine your specific course fees payable. In addition to our very affordable course fees, we are FEE-HELP approved and also offer instalment options so that the MBA remains an investment and not a liability.