Career support when you need it
Navigating the changing world of work can be challenging, but you don’t have to do it alone. To support ongoing professional growth and success, AIB students have complimentary access to Career Assist which is a confidential career development service through Converge International. Offering career counselling, guidance and advice from qualified HR and recruitment professionals, sessions can take place over the phone, via online video call or face to face (available in some locations).
So that you can receive ongoing support should you want it, you may access up to three complimentary Career Assist sessions for each topic or issue you wish to discuss with the career coaches and counsellors.
Converge’s career team can help with the following:
• CV, cover letter, job application and interview advice
• Identifying career opportunities suited to your skills and experience
• Planning a career change or seeking growth within your current organisation or industry
• Guidance on suitable professional development opportunities
• Impartial advice on a workplace problem you’re facing
• Plus, anything else relevant to your professional life
You can get started by requesting an appointment via the online booking form. You can also make an appointment if you’re in Australia by calling Converge International on 1300 687 327.
Tips for using the online booking form:
1. Nominate “Australian Institute of Business” as the organisation and choose “Employee” if the session is for you. The service is currently available to you as an extension of AIB’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
2. Detail the career topic you’d like to discuss in the “Reason for request” field and elaborate if appropriate in the final comment box. Converge will use this information to connect you with a trained professional qualified in the relevant area.