The Master of Management (MMgt) offers working managers an ideal opportunity to combine an element of coursework at Master’s level with an in-depth research project. The research undertaken is invariably designed to be useful to the candidate’s organisation.
About the Programme
For the practicing manager, the Master of Management provides a pathway to the Doctor of Business Administration.
The programme consists of the following elements:
- completion of six coursework subjects;
- developing and making an oral presentation of draft project proposal prior to submission;
- oral presentation of project proposal to the academic community, seeking approval of project proposal by a Research Assessment Panel and subsequently by the AIB Ethics Committee (as required);
- carrying out research and writing a project thesis of 15,000 to 20,000 words;
- presenting research to the academic community prior to submission.
For the research component of your studies, you will be accompanied and supported on your research journey by a Supervisory panel including an expert Principal Supervisor who has the primary responsibility for managing the supervision process as well as a Co-supervisor/Associate supervisor. Regular interaction and communication with the supervisors occurs during the research journey to provide appropriate academic support, monitor progress and performance, and ensure appropriate outcomes. Contact will also be encouraged with other research degree candidates through online discussion forums and interactive webinars among others.
As with all AIB programmes, the Master of Management is accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). It is an AQF level 9 qualification. The Master of Management Course Details will give you more information about this program.
When can I join?
Enquiries about 2021 intake applications should be directed to email@example.com.
How long will it take to complete?
The course will normally be completed in 18 months to 3 years. In extenuating circumstances, AIB may consider grounds for extension beyond 4 years. See Higher Degrees by Research Policy and Higher Degrees by Research Procedure for details.
What qualifications do I need to be accepted?
Applicants should normally meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Bachelor Degree (AQF Level 7) or equivalent; or
- AQF Level 8 Qualification in any discipline; or
- Graduate Certificate in Management (Research); or
- Graduate Certificate in Management.
For all admission requirements, please see Course Details.
How much will it cost?
Please note, AIB is an approved FEE-HELP provider. Please see the Study Assist website to check eligibility for Commonwealth Fee-HELP Assistance.
For current course fees for the MMgt, please click here.
AIB is a member of a Tuition Assurance Scheme for the protection of student fees.
Student Visa Holders
AIB is not a CRICOS-registered provider and is unable to enrol Student Visa holders.
For more information, please visit the Information for Research Candidates page.