AIB’s Research Philosophy
AIB is committed to delivering excellence in research and scholarship, investigating contemporary business problems and contributing directly to management practice, while meeting the highest standards of research integrity and ethical compliance.
Priority Research Themes
The AIB research themes are aligned to investigating practical, contemporary and relevant ‘real world’ business problems using applied business research methodologies in close collaboration with colleagues and industry.
- Sustainable Development: including business response to climate change, water crisis, modern slavey in supply chain, sustainable development goals, financial planning, digital marketing communication;
- Digitalisation: including automation, robotics, and online work, future of global operations/supply networks, big data, artificial intelligence, on-line teaching and learning for working adults;
- Business Globalisation: including global opportunities and risks such as COVID-19, performance and progress trade-offs;
- The Contemporary Workplace and Leadership: including human resource management; corporate governance; board diversity; people and work.
– From AIB Research Strategy and Framework
Research Degree Courses
Our role in delivering advanced research degrees, and aligned pathway degrees – the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), Master of Management (MMgt), and Graduate Certificate in Research Methodologies (GCRM) – focuses on:
- investigating contemporary business problems through the practical application of theory;
- using a range of appropriate methodologies including: action research, qualitative case study research, mixed methods, and quantitative research; and
- contributing directly to business and management practice.