Top 20 Inspiring Quotes for Entrepreneurs
As an entrepreneur, you will experience the highs and the lows as you work to build a business from the bottom up. At times, you will lack motivation, and sometimes all it takes is a reminder of why you started. We’ve compiled our top list of inspiring quotes for entrepreneurs below, and hope that they will be of benefit to business people around the world as they relate to them in different ways.
- When I was young, I observed that nine out of 10 things I did were failures. So I did 10 times more work.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese proverb.
- “To any entrepreneur: if you want to do it, do it now. If you don’t, you’re going to regret it.” – Catherine Cook
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
- “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”- Bill Gates
- “If you feel you are down on your luck, check the level of your effort.” – Robert Brault
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game’s winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that’s why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Rarely have I seen a situation where doing less than the other guy is a good strategy.” – Jimmy Spithill
- “There’s lots of bad reasons to start a company. But there’s only one good, legitimate reason, and I think you know what it is: it’s to change the world.” – Phil Libin
- “There is only one way to avoid criticism: Do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Aristotle
- “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” – Drew Houston
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
- “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” – Howard Schultz
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
- “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
- “Do it or not. There is no try.” – Yoda
What Do You Think?
Do you have any other inspiring quotes for entrepreneurs that you can add to this list? I’d love hear some of your favourites, and how they have helped you in your career. Comment below to share your views.
This article was written by Laura Hutton on behalf of the Australian Institute of Business. All opinions are that of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of AIB.
Image credit: Shutterstock.com
Explore more articles in our main blog page.