15 Inspiring Quotes To Start 2015 Feeling Motivated
As we commence a new year of work, there is nothing more important than returning in the right frame of mind for a big year ahead. Many of us have taken leave over the festive period and often dread the return to the daily grind. Whilst it would be lovely to be on holidays for longer, returning to work is inevitable. If you’re finding yourself needing some motivation, the following inspiring quotes should put you back on track to a positive attitude towards the workplace:
1. “If you can dream it, you can do it” – Walt Disney
2. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
3. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
4. “Failure is another stepping-stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
5. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
6. “It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.” – Abraham Lincoln
7. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again.” — William Edward Hickson
8. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
9. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg
10. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
11. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals; adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
12. “You are not your resume, you are your work.” – Seth Godin
13. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
14. “The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.” – Nolan Bushnell
15. “I like thinking big. If you’re going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big.” – Donald Trump
What do you think?
Can you suggest any other inspiring quotes to add to the list? There are many motivating people out there in the business environment, both famous and unknown. If you have an inspiring quote you think is worth adding, please feel free to share it below. Who knows – with all of our readers, we could soon make the list to 365 – one for every day of the year!
This article was written by Laura Hutton on behalf of the Australian Institute of Business. All opinions are that of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of AIB.