The Graduate Certificate in Management (Research) will provide working professionals with specialised knowledge and skills in applied research methods, particularly action research and action learning, case study and mixed methods research.
About the Programme
The Graduate Certificate in Management (Research) offers many advantages:
- A total of 40 credits can be achieved across 4 core subjects
- It provides a pathway to the Master of Management (MMgt)
The course aims to develop graduates who will be able to apply their knowledge and skills in contexts requiring the design, implementation and evaluation of research projects based either in workplace, organisational or industry settings.
Graduates will undertake study activities including directed learning such as webinars, independent study, interaction with staff and peers, reflection, individual study, application in the workplace, assignment work and other.
As with all AIB programmes Graduate Certificate in Management (Research) is accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). It is an AQF level 9 qualification. The Graduate Certificate in Management (Research) Course Details will give you more information about this program.
Please click here for more on AIB Research Degrees.
When can I join?
Applications for the 2020 intake are now closed. If you would like to be added to our Mailing List for next year’s intake please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact the AIB Research Coordinator on email@example.com.
How long will it take to complete?
The course will normally be completed in 6 to 12 months. In extenuating circumstances, AIB may consider grounds for extension beyond 12 months. See Higher Degrees by Research Policy and Higher Degrees by Research Procedure for details.
What qualifications do I need to be accepted?
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree (AQF Level 7) and at least 2 years relevant work experience; or
- AQF Level 6 qualification or learning equivalent to a Level 6 qualification and at least 3 years relevant work experience; or
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 550 and at least 3 years relevant work experience; or
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience of which at least 3 years management experience or significant technical experience which is deemed acceptable by the Academic Dean (or nominee).
For all admission requirements, please see Course Details.
How much will it cost?
Please note, AIB is an approved FEE-HELP provider. Please see the Study Assist website to check eligibility for Commonwealth Fee-HELP Assistance.
For current course fees for the GradCertMgt(Res), please click here.
AIB is a member of a Tuition Assurance Scheme for the protection of student fees.
Student Visa Holders
AIB is not a CRICOS-registered provider and is unable to enrol Student Visa holders.
For more information, please visit the Information for Research Candidates page.